Ladies, the men have
not spoken. When asked for suggestions on what men really want for Father’s Day, it was a near deafening silence, except for two brave dads with helpful input. Since the majority missed their opportunity to let their wishes be known, I’m going to give you my Top Five Father’s Day Gift Ideas. These are so unique and foolproof that he won’t know what to think!
- Old Spice’s Soap on a Rope– I know what you’re thinking…I already gifted that twenty years ago. Here’s the kicker–you can buy Vintage Old Spice on Ebay. I know, right?! If he uses it sparingly and only for special occasions, it can last another twenty years. What man doesn’t want to smell like a nice, toasty mug of Wassail to give him the confidence he needs to impress his peers? Mmmm, I can just smell him now!
2. Birdie Breeks Golf Shorts– If your guy likes to turn heads in all the right ways, you have to make him look the part while he’s on the golf course. With built-in tee holders and that flamboyant flamingo pattern, your guy will be strutting his stuff feeling “Royal & Awesome” when he’s on the driving range. Even better, you can take his gift to the next level and complete the look with the matching hat and white belt. Hole in one! Score!
3. Breathe Right Nasal Strips- So you may be thinking, “I don’t think he would want that for Father’s Day…” Let me tell why you’re wrong. Who wouldn’t want a better nights sleep and to feel rested each morning? Also, if you want to go the extra mile, they even make a Lavender scented version that will make him feel like he’s sleeping in his grandmother’s nightgown. Talk about relaxing! Don’t tell him I told you, but you get a gift out of this too ’cause no more freight trains will be running through your bed at night! This will allow you to sleep so much better and like him that much more in the morning. You can thank me later! Wink!
4. The Timeless Umbrella Hat- This multi-purpose hat has probably been on his wish list for years but he’s feels awkward asking for one. Think of all the places he can use this handy gadget- in the yard, on a tractor, in a deer stand, at the beach or the lake… It’s waterproof fabric will keep his hair (or scalp if he’s growing a bald spot) nice, dry, and cool. Sunburns on the face? Not anymore! Even better is that it won’t break your pocketbook and will fold up for easy packing.
5. Personalized Underwear- They say the best relationships are ones where couples feel connected and have subtle reminders of their partner during the course of the day. Now, each time he goes to the john, you know he’s carrying you with him in his heart (or on his buttocks) throughout the day. Talk about romantic!
Now if for some reason, non of these ideas feel like a good fit for your guy, there’s always guns and ammunition. A couple of your men may like a nice kid-free dinner at their favorite restaurant. A headset radio could be used occasionally while they’re mowing the lawn. Zzzzz…I honestly think they’d prefer the more exciting and unique options in my top five but whatever floats their boat (or soap). Ha! I’d love to hear which gift is your favorite so please comment below. Thanks for stopping in and happy shopping!